Now Hiring: Part-time Digital Imaging, Photo Lab, & Customer Service Associate
Photographic Depot is now hiring for the afternoon/evening shift, approximately 20 hours per week to start.
Candidate may be more specifically placed based upon individual skills and experience, but all of our staff contributes to overlapping duties, including customer service & sales, scanning photos/negatives, photo printing, movie & audio transfers, and file organization. Other duties may include: basic image & video editing, product stocking, store organization and cleaning.
The ideal individual will be a self-starter capable of working independently, solving problems, and driving projects to completion – but also versatile; able to perform a variety of tasks and switch duties quickly when needed. The candidate should be willing to work with customers and learn about all of our services.
Experience or interest in photography (especially film), video/audio, or customer service will be highly useful in this position.
- Basic computer skills are required; an advanced skill level highly preferred:
- Copy and paste, and other basic commands
- Saving, exporting, and organizing image and video files
- Copying/moving computer files between folders and digital media
- Transferring data between computers on an internal network
- Burning files to CD/DVD
- Ability to learn new software and adapt to variations in programs
- Familiarity with Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows 7, Windows 10 is necessary; any MAC experience is a bonus
- Adequate math skills to calculate simple formulas
- Some knowledge of Adobe Photoshop or a similar image editing program is helpful – although this is NOT an image editing, graphic design, or photography position:
- Basic color correction (levels, curves, color balance)
- Cropping and resizing pictures
- Understanding of image resolution
- Simple spotting of images (clone, healing tools)
- Importing images via scanner
- Printing with specific settings
- Writing/playing actions and automate batch
- Hours have some flexibility, but we are looking for a candidate available on weekdays from mid-afternoon to closing time. Saturday availability is a bonus.
- RELIABILITY is a must!
Stop in our store to fill out an application. Bring your resume (and portfolio of image editing samples, if you have one). Monday – Thursday: 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.; Friday – Saturday: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Closed on Sundays)
Resumes may also be emailed to us at firstname.lastname@example.org