August 1, 2020
Apply to Join Our Team as a Digital Imaging and Photo Lab Assistant
Are you a photographer wanting to learn more about cameras, Photoshop, and printing pictures?
Are you an advanced computer user wanting to use your skills on the job instead of busing tables on an overnight shift?
Are you studying photography, video editing, or digital imaging, and are looking for a position in a related field?
Do you love learning about and using vintage technology?
If you said yes to any of the above, then we have a great job for you!
Photographic Depot is now hiring a Digital Imaging/Photo Lab Assistant for approximately 20 hours per week. A local and family-owned business in La Grange, we offer flexible hours in a relaxed environment and will fully train the right qualified individual.
All of our staff contributes to overlapping duties, but this position would include customer service and sales, as well as scanning photos/negatives, basic image editing, file organization, and photo lab printing. Other duties may include movie and audio transfers, basic video editing, product stocking, store organization and cleaning.
The ideal individual will be a self starter capable of working independently, solving problems, and driving projects to completion – but also versatile, able to perform a variety of tasks and switch duties quickly when needed. The candidate should be willing to work with customers and learn about all of our services.
Experience or interest in photography (especially film), video/audio, or customer service will be highly useful in this position.
- Basic computer skills are required; an advanced skill level highly preferred:
- Copy and paste, and other basic commands
- Saving, exporting, and organizing image and video files
- Copying/moving computer files between folders and digital media
- Transferring data between computers on an internal network
- Burning files to CD/DVD
- Ability to learn new software and adapt to variations in programs
- Familiarity with Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows 7, Windows 10 is necessary; any MAC experience is a bonus
- Some knowledge of Adobe Photoshop or a similar image editing program is helpful – although this is NOT a graphic art, design, or photography position:
- Basic color correction (levels, curves, color balance)
- Cropping and resizing pictures
- Understanding of image resolution
- Simple spotting of images (clone, healing tools)
- Importing images via scanner
- Printing with specific settings
- Writing/playing actions and automate batch
- Adequate math skills to calculate simple formulas
- Hours are flexible but candidate must have some daytime availability on weekdays. Saturday availability is preferred. RELIABILITY is a must!
Stop in our store to fill out an application.
Bring your resume and portfolio of image editing samples, if you have one.
Monday – Thursday: 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.; Friday – Saturday: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Closed on Sundays)
Resumes may also be emailed to us at firstname.lastname@example.org